CAG COD 1st Brigade
Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: NAT Type PS4 & TimeWarner

This is the Playstation Division forums for this game

Stud
    Rep Points: 890
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 24th, 2024
    Local Time
    03:21 AM

NAT Type PS4 & TimeWarner

Anyone else using Timewarner and a PS4?

Currently getting a NAT type 2 when I test the connection via the PS4. But get NAT type strict when I login to COD BO3.

Spent about an hour trying to config my router and still not making any headway.

Any suggestions or links that could help?

CAG Dogg Level: 24 [?]
    Experience: 77,121
    Next Level: 79,247

Rep Points: 222306
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 24th, 2024
    Local Time
    07:21 AM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

if your router has a DMZ Setting get the ISP off your PS4 and put it in the DMZ

that will open your NAT on COD

CAG Dogg Level: 54 [?]
    Experience: 20,083,301
    Next Level: 22,308,442

Rep Points: 0
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 24th, 2024
    Local Time
    03:21 AM

Quote Originally Posted by DCogs View Post
    Anyone else using Timewarner and a PS4?

Currently getting a NAT type 2 when I test the connection via the PS4. But get NAT type strict when I login to COD BO3.

Spent about an hour trying to config my router and still not making any headway.

Any suggestions or links that could help?
    I got Time Warner and when this happens what I usually do is call there Tec support up and tell them I having a problem with my internet being slow ..
    They will run a test and basically clean your line up that will open up your Nat type .

They will also program your rougher to the Fastest channel on your tougher so that your getting The best Possible speed your paying for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 56 [?]
    Experience: 30,100,660
    Next Level: 30,430,899

4. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to PATRON For This Fucking Post:

Lambjimb0 (October 20th, 2016)

Rep Points: 79825
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 24th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:21 AM

3362653985ab8324fa50eef67882e6ae
    Just hope they fix the lag. Infinity Ward always bases their games off connection though

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 49 [?]
    Experience: 9,388,967
    Next Level: 10,000,000

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 24th, 2024
    Local Time
    04:21 AM
    Leader and Founder of CAG

If u have more than one console on your router or modem you will get a strict Nat type...just a handful of routers can support more than one console with open nat type

"Wash Your Buttcheeks !!!"
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 276,509,181
    Next Level: 305,690,101

7. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG CheechDogg For This Fucking Post:

xPARCHx (October 21st, 2016)

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 2265
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 24th, 2024
    Local Time
    05:21 AM
    Forum Footmatt

I noticed my NAT type for BO3 is moderate, instead of open. Does it not matter these days? I didn't notice a serious problem in game, except for the lag in kill-cams. Would be great if NAT open translates to less lag.

solution I'm going to try tonight, forward to port 3074 or 3075:
    " when you are in multiplayer press start to get to the menu. Now go to the options tab and go to network. If your nat type is strict or moderate where it says "nat type" to the right it will tell you what port the game tried to go through"

CAG Dogg Level: 30 [?]
    Experience: 299,193
    Next Level: 300,073

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 2265
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 24th, 2024
    Local Time
    05:21 AM
    Forum Footmatt

Yesterday I promoted myself to 'NAT Type OPEN' on black ops 3.

My story goes like this:

My existing modem and router were several years old. My service with Newwave was 20 MB/s, I called and set up for 50 MB/s and they needed a guy to come to my house to finalize it. The kid took away the old crap modem and installed an Arris DG860, this was Friday.

On Friday evening the new router I ordered on amazon arrived, NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S - AC2600 4x4 MU-MIMO Smart WiFi Gigabit Gaming Router.

I spent time yesterday talking to tech support at Netgear about port forwarding options inside my router. After a lot of time and it not working, the tech support told me to contact the support for the modem and ask that it be put into "Full Bridge Mode" because I was in a double firewall scenario.

So, I call up Newwave and talk to someone that doesn't sound like they know much, but they did help by getting me into the router admin and showing me the tabs for changes and adding port forwarding and reserving an IP address for my PS4, making one static.

The new modem comes with 4 hard hire outlets, so instead of having to have one outlet going to my router, i just tie my computer tower and ps4 directly to the modem. The Netgear secured wifi feeds all the other goods in my house: phones, smart tvs, ipads, xbox 360, ps3, etc.

So anyway, i get into the modem and create the static ip for the ps4, i add the port forwarding values listed here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/14506...s-iii/72384034

& Here:

https://community.callofduty.com/t5/...2/td-p/9269615

And at one point adding the port forwarding worked!, i had NAT Type Open. But then I restarted things, and i must have clicked something else in the router, because, after restarting the ps4, it still had the static ip assigned but NAT type was back to moderate. I tried to figure out wtf i changed and readded the port forwarding etc., but nothing seemed to get me back to NAT open.

And so I went nuclear and set the PS4 as the DMZ free unit for the modem, i entered the ps4 static ip into the DMZ field and as i understand this frees the ps4 from the firewall.

I still have the port forwarding values listed in the modem, and i dont know if they are still needed. It's likely the DMZ change is all that i actually needed to do, but im not gonna be testing that theory.

I haven't tested the performance of my PING given all these changes as of yet, i'm kinda procrastinating but I'll find out soon enough.

In the end, even if my COD lag isn't all that improved, I have a new modem spitting out 50 mb/s instead of 20 and I have a powerful wifi router to feed the wife and kids to compensate for the fact that i recently ended our Direct TV service. We are living the HD life of netflix and vudu.

Hopefully what i posted here provides insight to any noobs that could use it:
    Attached Images Attached Images

CAG Dogg Level: 30 [?]
    Experience: 299,193
    Next Level: 300,073

+ Post New Thread