CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Battlefield 1 Spring Update Confirms Platoons, New Weapon Variants, Private Servers And Revive Indicators

Game news, updates and community announcements on BF3 and BF4

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 447740
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 18th, 2024
    Local Time
    10:25 PM
    Co-Leader

Battlefield 1 Spring Update Confirms Platoons, New Weapon Variants, Private Servers And Revive Indicators

During today's livestream, the Battlefield 1 team has confirmed Platoons, new weapon variants, and the new medic revive callout will make their way into the game through tomorrow's Spring Update. Here are the highlights of the BF1 livestream.

Battlefield 1's Spring Update is pending Microsoft and Console certifications, but the developers have stated the patch is extremely close to release.

Platoons

80a0b9503de0c3a61aaab05a5cb80681

The Battlefield 1 developers have reworked the Platoon feature from scratch to improve it. They've added new aspects to the feature such as:

Squad names change to the Platoon name once they control a majority of the slots.
    Capture Point Flags will show the emblem of the Platoon that contributed the most to capturing the objective.
    Platoons will exist through multiple Battlefield titles and Community Test Environment, so if you move onto BF4, your Platoon should be there.
    battlefield 1 platoon overview

When you start your own Platoon you will immediately become the General of it. You'll have full control over the clan, allowing you to change the application policy as well as the in-game messages.

In addition to the ranks and ability to join your Platoon-mates in-game, you can link a private server specifically for your Platoon. You can find a full in-depth overview of how the Platoon feature will work here.

New Weapon Variants

Several new Class Rank 10 weapon variants should be included in the Battlefield 1 Spring Update including the Hellriegel Defensive, Selbstlader Sniper, Martini-Henry Sniper, and Huot Automatic Optical.

Each of the new weapon variants coming into BF1 will have to be unlocked through separate assignments, just as with They Shall Not Pass weapons.

Hellriegel 1915 Defensive

1eec4444c9aee40bcf976145ba3f18e8

Compared to the original Hellriegel, the Defensive variant sees a reduction in both accuracy and hip fire accuracy, but receives a bonus to control. If you're a hip-shooter kind of Battlefield player you may not want to opt for this variant. However, if you normally aim down the sights for every kill regardless of spacing then this should be quite beneficial.

Selbstlader 1906 Sniper

666004bf13e53eafa128eacd62c6977c

There's honestly no real downside to this Selbstlader weapon variant. Dropping a bit of hip fire accuracy for fair gains on each other weapon stat? Easy choice. Unfortunately you may take a while unlocking it since Rifle Grenades are wonky and don't one-shot infantry at full health (unless, of course, the shot was in their chest).

Martini-Henry Sniper

18cb9a3aae43afa94c6c231bbac4ed0d

The new Battlefield 1 weapon variant of the Martini-Henry is absolutely absurd. If you thought the weapon was already over-powered, this one might send you reeling. The Martini-Henry Sniper has maxed out damage, with no downside. Plus, the new variant has a scope.

Huot Automatic Optical

861bf2d9eadf13493303c1f9885bf701

The Support's new weapon variant, the Huot Automatic Optical, is not too impressive. The gun drops quite a bit in accuracy and control, even with the better optics. From testing the Huot in the CTE, the weapon's somewhat disappointing compared to its predecessor.

Medic Revive Callout

Also in the Battlefield 1 Spring Update will be the Medic revive indicator. You'll be able to spot a dead teammate's body to show them you're on the way to revive them. The dead player will be notified with a loud ping as well as the visual notification.

Private Servers

Private Servers are coming in the next patch, which allows you to close off your rental servers from the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalks
    CAG JB

CAG Dogg Level: 60 [?]
    Experience: 48,295,610
    Next Level: 55,714,302

2. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG JB For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (April 25th, 2017),pisspawz (April 27th, 2017)

Rep Points: 27924
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 18th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:25 PM

Oh. That martini-henry is dirty. I thought the hellriegel might have been the worst among the bunch, but that might actually win. Should be interesting.
    "I once had to beat a man to death with his own shoes..."

CAG Dogg Level: 41 [?]
    Experience: 2,139,772
    Next Level: 2,530,022

4. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Tastylemons For This Fucking Post:

CAG JB (April 25th, 2017)

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 57983
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 18th, 2024
    Local Time

for those who don't like to read, lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Experience: 2,218,915

6. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to dreag2121 For This Fucking Post:

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 18th, 2024
    Local Time
    Co-Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Tastylemons View Post
    Oh. That martini-henry is dirty. I thought the hellriegel might have been the worst among the bunch, but that might actually win. Should be interesting.
    I'm loving the martini-henry,only unlocked it a few weeks back as back in the days of Bf4 and the recon class I never really looked near it after unlocking all the rifles.In my opinion Bf1 makes sniping that little bit more fun and cheeky in game.
    The hellreigel I wasn't to fond of as my playstyles more defensive and by far my stronger suit so that hip fire doesnt always work out to well for me as I like to ADS so this new variant could be well up my street.Id love to see it with a tad more ammo though as you can burn through it pretty quick and unless someone in your squad is running support and blueberries drop it (which can be rare) it screws you over at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreag2121 View Post
    for those who don't like to read, lol

Be academic suck up that information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CAG JB

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    Rep Points: 202790
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 18th, 2024
    Local Time
    Co-Leader

Interesting. I never liked the change from tons of weapons with lots of customizations to only a few weapons but, in theory, the same amount of choices because of the "variants". In the beginning it made sense al though now I feel like the weapon selection will be congested with so much crap. I wish there was actually a use for the majority of the variants... I feel like almost every gun was usable by the end of BF4. But, maybe in time that will be the case with BF1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 59 [?]
    Experience: 45,633,308
    Next Level: 47,989,448

9. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to BlameItOnGod13 For This Fucking Post:

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 18th, 2024
    Local Time

Platoons is live, now we just need to get added. I bet i can help bring the emblem from Battlefield 4.

11. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to dreag2121 For This Fucking Post:

CAG JB (April 28th, 2017)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 18th, 2024
    Local Time
    Co-Leader

Platoons is live, now we just need to get added. I bet i can help bring the emblem from Battlefield 4.

I was actually looking into doing this last night after I finished playing for the night.Actually doesn't seem that hard to do.

CAG JB

13. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG JB For This Fucking Post:

dreag2121 (May 4th, 2017)

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 18th, 2024
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CAG JB View Post
    I was actually looking into doing this last night after I finished playing for the night.Actually doesn't seem that hard to do.

Tech made a patch that looked more inline with the theme of WWI. Check the discord for the link. I would make some modifications to it, he has some numbers I'm not sure what they mean.

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    Rep Points: 4555
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 18th, 2024
    Local Time
    XBOX One Division Member

The numbers are the ones from the billet on the awards section. Just to show what badge i have (I.E marksman)
    Of course, you can edit it when you need to, it's just what i'm running with currently.

CAG Dogg Level: 34 [?]
    Experience: 633,689
    Next Level: 677,567

16. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Tech ArchAngel For This Fucking Post:

CAG JB (April 29th, 2017)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 18th, 2024
    Local Time
    Co-Leader

Battlefield 1 Spring Update Confirms Platoons, New Weapon Variants, Private Servers And Revive Indicators

Tech made a patch that looked more inline with the theme of WWI. Check the discord for the link. I would make some modifications to it, he has some numbers I'm not sure what they mean.

Yep I seen Tech's emblem,it's what I used to edit and I can get back to the same image via the link he provided.
    Its all on you guys initially what you all want in terms of an emblem etc or what theme if any you want to follow.i am by all means saying you guys are the ones that have the input on this just the fact that you all need to agree on what you all want.

CAG JB

+ Post New Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8