CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Call of Duty 2 On Xbox Backwards Compability

Discuss all general topics for Infinite Warfare here

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 50
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    12:19 PM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

Call of Duty 2 On Xbox Backwards Compability

Great news, Call of Duty fans: Call of Duty 2, an Xbox 360 launch title from 2005, and one of my all-time favorites, is now available on the Xbox One through backwards compatibility.

I found out about this from Major Nelson on Twitter, but I waited to post until I was able to access it, because I know how frustrating it is to find out about something new when you can’t get it. (That’s why I post my Games with Gold articles on the first of the month too.) But it’s here now. So go grab it if you already own it digitally. Or install it from disc.

Call of Duty 2 is just the second Call of Duty title to make it to the Xbox One courtesy of backwards compatibility: Call of Duty: Black Ops is also available. But with Call of Duty: Ghosts, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and Call of Duty: Black Ops III available on Xbox One, and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare arriving this fall alongside a remastered version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, we’re in pretty good shape.

installing

Call of Duty 2 was such a big deal for me back in 2005, that I reviewed it three times: Once for single player, once for multiplayer, and once for the Bonus, Skirmish and Invasion map packs. Here’s a few blasts from the past:

Call of Duty 2 for Xbox 360 Review. “Activision has really nailed it with this one,” I wrote at the time. “That COD2 is available in its entirety on Xbox 360, and with identical graphics, says a lot about Microsoft’s console. There’s no need to accept less anymore: The COD2 experience on Xbox 360 is identical to that on the PC … The three story lines are totally immersive and interesting, the action is realistic, and the music and sound effects all add to the drama … This is absolutely one of the best Xbox 360 launch titles. Highly recommended.”

Call of Duty 2 for Xbox 360 Multiplayer Review. “Call of Duty 2’s multiplayer possibilities give the game huge replayability … There are five available game types … COD2 supplies 13 multiplayer maps, which range from good to exceptional. There are seven France-based maps, most of which feature partially bombed-out towns, three North African maps, one of which is a night-time mission, and three Russian maps, which all feature blowing wind, falling snow, and the crunch of boot steps as you move across the frozen landscape … COD2 multiplayer is an absolutely stunning experience, once you get into a game. If you’re a fan of first person shooters, online deathmatches, or a World War II buff, this isn’t a game to be missed.”

Call of Duty 2 Bonus, Skirmish and Invasion Packs for Xbox 360 Review. “Activision has released a total of 9 new multiplayer maps for Call of Duty 2 on Xbox 360 since May. Some are actually free, which I think was a nice touch. Most, however, require a purchase via Xbox Live Marketplace … I never expected to discover that first person shooters could be done right on a game console. Activision not only proved me wrong with Call of Duty 2, it created a game that I feel is by far the best game title on the Xbox 360 and then extended it with numerous new multiplayer maps at just the right times. Doing so kept the game fresh and kept me gaming well into the summer, nine months after Call of Duty 2 for the Xbox 360 first landed on my doorstep. With Call of Duty 3 arriving late this year, I’ve got more World War II action to look forward to, but for now the Skirmish and Invasion packs will keep me happy. Highly recommended for all Call of Duty 2 gamers. You’re all Call of Duty 2 gamers, aren’t you?”

Link to Article: https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/xbox-o...vades-xbox-one

CAG Dogg Level: 57 [?]
    Experience: 33,772,192
    Next Level: 35,467,816

2. The Following 3 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Randuken For This Fucking Post:

Batman_OnA_Stick (August 24th, 2016),CAG JB (August 24th, 2016),PATRON (August 24th, 2016)

Rep Points: 62384
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    08:19 AM

Damn it, Xbox always seems to draw me back in for at least a day or two with these releases. Smh. Remember stealing my brother's computer/game and sucking reallllllly bad at it.

CAG Dogg Level: 45 [?]
    Experience: 4,969,408
    Next Level: 5,107,448

4. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Batman_OnA_Stick For This Fucking Post:

PATRON (August 24th, 2016)

Rep Points: 0
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    04:19 AM

Awww shit .. Going to have to pick this one up to lol
    Shit I might just pick them all back up because I know there going to just release them all eventually

Ps4 Junkie

CAG Dogg Level: 56 [?]
    Experience: 30,093,735
    Next Level: 30,430,899

6. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to PATRON For This Fucking Post:

Batman_OnA_Stick (August 24th, 2016)

+ Post New Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8