CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar

Game news, updates and community announcements on BF3 and BF4

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 447740
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 26th, 2024
    Local Time
    12:35 PM
    Co-Leader

Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar

The 2nd DLC expansion pack coming to Battlefield 1 will be dubbed In the Name of the Tsar and have a heavy focus on the Russian army and their fight through World War 1.
    In the Name of the Tsar will feature 4 new multiplayer maps along with 5 weapons and a possibility of a few new vehicles, but most importantly, it will feature a brand new playable faction: the Russian Army.

The enemies aren’t just human in this DLC; players will be forced to fight their way through vicious snow covered terrain and brutal temperatures all while trying to not get shot by opposing forces. The Russian Army will be introduced to Battlefield 1 as a playable faction in the In the Name of the Tsar expansion pack which will focus heavily on the Eastern Front of World War 1 and soldiers who fought their way through the harsh environment and overwhelming odds.

DICE states that players will experience the infamous bouts that the Russian Army fought through Brusilov Offensive, a time which is remembered as the worst time of World War 1 for Austria-Hungary.

The Russian cavalry bombarded Austrian forces taking hundreds of thousands as prisoners and pushing the Austrian soldiers into immediate retreat. Expect to see the Russian dominance portrayed within this expansion pack multiple times as the Brusilov Offensive was, without a doubt, the biggest victory for the Russians during their World War 1 endeavors.

The Brusilov Offensive ended as one of the deadliest offensives the world has ever seen with the Russian forces casualties totaling in between 500,000 and one million, while Austria-Hungary lost 600,000 and Germany an approximate 350,000.

It's expected that a preview of this second dlc will be shown at EA play between the dates of the 10th & 12th of June so pencil that in your diaries.

Expected release date has been leaked as late summer only.The summer of 2017 ends on September 22nd which means we could be looking at a release in August or September if we're extremely unlucky.
    Also remember people all those with premium will see this dlc two week prior to the eyes of anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CAG JB

CAG Dogg Level: 60 [?]
    Experience: 48,386,731
    Next Level: 55,714,302

2. The Following 5 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG JB For This Fucking Post:

CAG Covieleader (May 23rd, 2017),CAG Lucifer748 (May 22nd, 2017),GypsyOutlaw (May 22nd, 2017),RzaRay (May 22nd, 2017),Tech ArchAngel (May 22nd, 2017)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    Rep Points: 4555
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 26th, 2024
    Local Time
    XBOX One Division Member

I swear, if i don't see a broken Vodka bottle as a melee weapon imma be pissed. /s

We get the nivelle offensive map and that other one in june, so i'd suspect the DLC will drop at either late-july or early/mid-august. That is if DICE wants this game to stay alive and to not give it the hatchet.

CAG Dogg Level: 34 [?]
    Experience: 634,994
    Next Level: 677,567

4. The Following 3 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Tech ArchAngel For This Fucking Post:

CAG JB (May 23rd, 2017),Riddled (May 22nd, 2017),StormySGT ELIAS (May 22nd, 2017)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 447740
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 26th, 2024
    Local Time
    Co-Leader

Lol broken vodka bottle lol
    I don't think dice are ready to drop this game just yet especially with future dlc on the cards.
    I read somewhere to that this Russian faction will be bringing a possible female elite group into play ie the battalion of death who where formed in ww1 within Russia's armed forces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CAG JB

CAG Dogg Level: 60 [?]
    Experience: 48,386,731
    Next Level: 55,714,302

6. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG JB For This Fucking Post:

CAG Covieleader (May 23rd, 2017)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 98726
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    April 26th, 2024
    Local Time
    07:35 AM
    5 Star General 4th in Command

That sounds kewl