This is the second of my 3 or 4 defender set ups this one revolves around supporting your team

Grenade: your choice magnetic for kills wpike for closing hallways off and supressor for cancelation of abilities

Lift: your choice

Ward of dawn: blessing of light giving your teammates over shields really help out when pushing

Disintegrate: unbreakable giving yourself over shields on melee kills keeps you alive longer for better wupporting

Titan codex: 1 and 5 for the armor recovery keeps you alive longer and keeps your bubble up your bubbles no good if you die with it out

Perks: bastion and untouchable longer bubble faster recharge yes i know your supporting so why not use illuminated for the blessing last longer cause we will be making use of the glasshouse helmet for that

Armor: intel is priority then you can decide on melee or grenades i personal dont melee much in crucible so i like intel amd discipline

Weapon: whatever you like inlike heavy impact weapons or a good stable scout with fire rate my load out is vision of confluence scout rifle conspiracy theory-d shotgun and for heavy a good impact machine gun or tracking rockets i use gally for that

Final remarks: this setup will make you an asset to any team but be careful enemies will know someones is giving your team shields they will be looking for you also knowing the maps is crucial for this build know your teams high traffic areas and drop the bubble thanks for reasding hope it helps