CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Latest PS4 Firmware Update 4.70 Soft Bricking PS4s

Discuss anything from suggestions, ideas here. No holds barred in this forum, beware and you have been warned!

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    May 3rd, 2024
    Local Time
    07:44 AM
    Leader and Founder of CAG

Latest PS4 Firmware Update 4.70 Soft Bricking PS4s

So I just came across an article that the latest Firmware update for PS4 is breaking systems leaving you in the blue wave screen ... I updated mine when it prompted me and my PS4 is just fine but a lot of people are not so lucky ... Just a heads up ... article is below ...

May 31, 2017

Khurram Imtiaz

gearnuke.com

Sony has recently released a brand new update for the PS4 today. This update implements some minor changes like giving the different icons on the dashboard a retouched look, or adding new tournament features. However there are some alarming reports out there about the update causing the PS4 to soft brick resulting in the user resorting to safe mode in order to make the console run again. Normally when it comes to a firmware update, issues are expected however in the case of this latest firmware update, the issues appear to be more widespread leading to a sense of frustration and panic among users. There is a huge reddit thread with multiple PS4 users confirming that they are facing issues after installing this new update on their PS4.

Thankfully while these issues do occur after the update, they can be fixed by going into safe mode. reddit is not the only place with the reports about the PS4 firmware update issues, some NeoGAF users are also reporting similar issue with their PS4 after installing the new update. Here are some of the comments made by users after this new update.

If you are affected by any of these issues, it is highly recommended to check out safe mode and try to use options like restoring database, and if this doesn’t work, try re-installing the firmware from safe mode. Hopefully it can solve your issue if you have managed to soft brick your PS4 after installing this new update.

Source: http://gearnuke.com/ps4-firmware-upd...console-users/
    Last edited by CAG CheechDogg; May 31st, 2017 at 01:20 PM.
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 276,945,655
    Next Level: 305,690,101

2. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG CheechDogg For This Fucking Post:

CAG JB (June 1st, 2017)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 447740
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    May 3rd, 2024
    Local Time
    02:44 PM
    Co-Leader

Developers really should be extensively testing these update before they release them for download instead of rushing half assed updates out and then having to revisit problems again.
    Seems like both platforms are having issues like this weather it be software updates or game updates.Seems as thought big corporations like Sony and Microsoft right down to individual game developers are all on the same wavelength here where they push what they like out without thorough testing.
    They all have the money to do it so in my opinion half of the issues we all see should not be happening,after all we all pay a subscription fee for a product that should be 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CAG JB

CAG Dogg Level: 60 [?]
    Experience: 48,471,827
    Next Level: 55,714,302

+ Post New Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2