CAG COD 1st Brigade
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Depression And Anxiety Discussion Thread

Discuss anything from suggestions, ideas here. No holds barred in this forum, beware and you have been warned!

Hybrid View

Rep Points: 9174
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 1st, 2024
    Local Time
    01:38 PM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

I'll keep it short but I suffer from BATTLE FATIGUE/SHELL SHOCK/PTSD-with MAJOR DEPRESSION and ANXIETY as well as a "recovering alcoholic in recovery" which is not true because I never couldn't control my drinking or suffered any withdrawal mentally or physically. It was just my way to get my mind free of demons and be myself but somebody else at the same time. When I learned I had a son on the way, I knew it was a boy from the start lol, I quit drinking period cold turkey with no problem and that was 3 years ago and I've tried a few different beers in the last 3 years and just don't like it anymore. The meds I was on were too much so I came off them and went on a 2 pill for that, Celexa which of ALL THE DOZENS TRIED seems to work for me and Valium but that's also for my spinal damage as well. It's a lonely place sometimes but my son keeps me focused.

CAG Dogg Level: 45 [?]
    Experience: 4,393,843
    Next Level: 5,107,448

Stud
    Rep Points: 1277
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 2nd, 2024
    Local Time
    10:38 AM

Good on you swindels as a fellow that also struggles you show good character. Ajax some people take more than they give some people don't care then there are a lot of people that aren't mentally equipped or experienced enough to be in a position to empathize let alone help . I know you feel like your in a bottomless pit everyone should see how your falling they need just throw u a ladder what u need to know is there is no pit and you are the ladder just hold on we can take it one rung at a time. You might also feel as if your running out of time to find the help you need to heal ,you just need enough strength to face each day one at a time cliche I know the trick is to stretch your perspective to find something anything in each have day that made it worth while I find learning something or finding something to laugh at or spending a little time in nature is good. watching what your so called friends are doing on socialmedia would be an unhealthy past time inforcing your feeling of ostracism it's not a matter of hardening up anyone telling you that has no understanding of what your going through but you can try to do something healthy for your mind try to clear your head even in therapy you end up having the answers yourself know one will ever know you like you know you if you have no one ready to deal with what you are going through then you have to be your own ally it's good that you we're able to call the crisis team when you needed to that's what they are there for don't ever give up you only get to live this life the one time

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 21 [?]
    Experience: 32,097
    Next Level: 38,246

3. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to sinniks For This Fucking Post:

BiA Swindels (August 22nd, 2015)

This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 1st, 2024
    Local Time

I've also found it useful to set goals that are realistic to keep your mind busy. The Demons don't go away, they can strike any time of day, especially night. Or you can be on Cloud 9 one day and wake up in that agonizing depression for no apparent reason. But you have to remember to take control of it and not the other way around. Kids or pets are another great form of assistance for the times you're not going to class for that Bachelor's or Associates Degree, Promotion at work, just getting out of bed-showered-dressed-out of the house can be a victory for some. It's also nice to have people to talk with as well besides some PhD that hasn't been in whatever situation you've been in. Find people that have been in your shoes to talk to, not only are you venting but your bonding with someone who has been or currently in the same place you are. To everyone best of luck and I'm here for combat veterans to discuss things with.

5. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to ARCTIK KLuTCH For This Fucking Post:

BiA Swindels (August 22nd, 2015),StormySGT ELIAS (August 21st, 2015)

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 15560
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 1st, 2024
    Local Time
    05:38 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
    Hey everyone, as most on the 360 side of COD know, I deal with Depression and Anxiety basically on an everyday basis due to a variety of reasons. I know that there are others (probably a larger number than most think) that also deal with these issues, and I have made it one of my goals on not only this forum but other forums that I am a member on to try and start a thread of this kind to allow others to share their experiences/offer advice that may have helped them, or feel that they have a safe place to come to if they are dealing with their own issues and are looking for some help.

My inbox is always open, as well as my phone and I play on the 360 pretty regularly (also the Xbox One from time to time). I also have Kik if anyone uses that as well.

Hopefully we see some responses in this thread. I know it is hard for some (including myself) to open up sometimes, but at least this is here if anyone does feel the need to post, or legitimately is in trouble and needs some support.

Hope to hear from some of you guys, I know I could use the support myself right now.

-A.J. (Ajax1723)
    Awesome that you're putting yourself out there. I, myself deal with minor depression, and my wife is clinically depressed. She recently found this: THIS

She got the tattoo, and loves showing it off... it's her 3rd tat overall. I guess where I'm going with this is that no matter who you are or what you're dealing with, there are people who will listen and help. YOU know for a fact that I'm here and willing to listen not only to you, but to others as well. Offer stands with me as well, fellow CAG guys / gals... my inbox is ready. If anyone needs an ear, I'm here.

CAG Dogg Level: 38 [?]
    Experience: 1,259,276
    Next Level: 1,460,206

CAG Bitch
    Rep Points: 16959
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 1st, 2024
    Local Time
    04:38 PM
    Forum Regular

This thread was a great idea. You never know what things people battle with on a daily basis.

CAG Dogg Level: 35 [?]
    Experience: 790,811
    Next Level: 824,290

8. The Following 3 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to smufti1994 For This Fucking Post:

EXEprog527 (August 22nd, 2015),Hobbit (August 22nd, 2015),Lesbehonest (August 22nd, 2015)

Rep Points: 58247
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 1st, 2024
    Local Time

I definitely recommend you going to a therapist of some sort because it's their job to help you and how to deal with what's going on. It really has helped me learn and deal with what I have. For medication purposes I used to be on klonopin which was great for short term anxiety and I'm still on zoloft. Depending on what they give you zoloft helps increase your serotonin levels and other drugs do things differently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 50 [?]
    Experience: 10,919,043
    Next Level: 11,777,899

10. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Lesbehonest For This Fucking Post:

Hobbit (August 22nd, 2015)

Rep Points: 4004
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 1st, 2024
    Local Time
    Forum Footmatt

Quote Originally Posted by CAG Lesbehonest View Post
    I definitely recommend you going to a therapist of some sort because it's their job to help you and how to deal with what's going on. It really has helped me learn and deal with what I have. For medication purposes I used to be on klonopin which was great for short term anxiety and I'm still on zoloft. Depending on what they give you zoloft helps increase your serotonin levels and other drugs do things differently.

I am actually currently on Klonopin for Anxiety (those on the 360 are MORE than aware when I take it however). and Prozac for depression, although that is being changed soon as it hasn't done anything for me. Tried Celexa for years also to no avail.

I actually have three different therapy outlets I can use. A regular therapist that I see bi-weekly (Need a new one though, as my current one is leaving the practice), a depression support group that meets Monday mornings, and a 12 step meeting that meets Friday afternoons at the clinic that I did a partial hospitalization program at for almost 3 weeks in May.

Is mostly the time inbetween all that that is hard to fill. I have my OK days as well, but over the past few I've found myself finally able to let go a little and speak how I really feel. Got 1 hard conversation out of the way yesterday, and have 2 more to go that I really feel I need to make, but hopefully it is progress. I am hurting badly, but banking on the fact that hurting now will help later. It's a risk, but at least I'm trying, and if it backfires, hopefully I'll be in a position where I can try again. But I realize it's a long road, I'm just struggling much more than I thought I ever could.

CAG Dogg Level: 33 [?]
    Experience: 458,964
    Next Level: 555,345

12. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Ajax1723 For This Fucking Post:

BiA Swindels (August 22nd, 2015)

Rep Points: 4004
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 1st, 2024
    Local Time
    Forum Footmatt

And also, to all those out there battling with similar issues, my inbox/phone/messages/360/Xbox One is always available if anyone needs to talk/get anything out,/discuss anything, which I've probably mentioned before, but is worth repeating now that the thread is being viewed my a decent amount of people.

CAG Dogg Level: 33 [?]
    Experience: 458,964
    Next Level: 555,345

Rep Points: 58247
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 1st, 2024
    Local Time

I just got off klonopin in July since I got more anxiety. I only took. 5mg of it.. I've had a hard time expressing my feelings on my parents separation since it was close to me going back to college..

CAG Dogg Level: 50 [?]
    Experience: 10,919,043
    Next Level: 11,777,899

This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 1st, 2024
    Local Time

I've been on 5mg Valium at 3 pills a day. That's on top of the pain medications. I don't have any change or difference when I take mine. But then again I've been on this same regimen for years basically.

+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast